Saturday, November 05, 2005

Scene 1: Touchdown:-

At 700 am I reached ISB airport. Flight went good. I enjoyed Air blue, no not because of the air-hostesses but because of the girl sitting on seat next to me, just kidding. I liked Air Blue because of the plane was good and with those LCD displays showing preventive measures and stuff looked good. Every thing looked new and especially since last time I was air-borne through aero-Asia (Russian air craft, Russian pilot and Russian crew...). Well when I reached airport it was fairly hassle-free to get the luggage and come out of air port fairly easily and quickly.

When I came out I called my hotel to confirm for my room and the hotel guy said "yes, we have a room booked for you.. And our address is ....” Just then I thought I better get in touch with MS folks and I called Mr. Abid Minhas and his phone was on voice recording and I left a message for him that I have reached and ISB and need to know about the action plan. Just when I was about to get a cab and leave for my hotel I got a call from Mr. Abid asking about whom I was and I reminded him that "this is Hammad, we talked yesterday on phone when I was visiting MS Karachi office and was with Mr. Zafar." He said ohh... Mr. Hammad, how are you welcome on board. When I asked him about action plan he said I have 2 choices 1- Red Pill 2- Blue Pill, I said red-bull (energy drink: p)... just kidding. The choices I had were 1- I go to hotel check in there and then ASAP get back to Chaklala air base. 2- I wait for him to pick me up from airport in a 20-25 mins and then go straight to Chaklala. I opted for option 2. During this I received a couple of calls from Farhan asking about my plan and other stuff. Farhan called in from office and initially we decided that we will be meeting after Zuhr at around 2:30 PM (this could not happen till next couple of days).
I dint know if I had to wait for more than hour and all that sitting on an un-comfortable plastic seat placed in the corridor of an airport. Well after long wait Mr. Abid came finally and I put all my luggage in to his car and we left for Chaklala (la la la) air base.

2 Comments:

Blogger Muhammad Saqib Ilyas said...

I bet right now you're thinking what I was thinking. Why oh why didnt I take the blue pill. Or so said the villain in The Matrix.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Muhammad Saqib Ilyas said...

Cipher

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home