Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Scene 4: Meeting at PM Secretariat

We had called Mr. Abid to reach to PM Secretariat while we left for the same place. We reached there in time, thanks to AVIS service. Neither Mr. Rizwan nor did I have my name on the list we were told by the guard at the gate. Then Rizwan called in to some Colonel to get us in, and in a few minutes we got the clearance and were entering the PM Sect. It was really quite an experience. I had never thought I’d be attending a meeting at PM Sect. Anyways, we went into the building and there was a large hall where all the people were sitting and waiting for the meeting to being. Almost every one had a laptop placed in front of them. Wi-Fi was available and people were even checking their emails. Anyways the meeting started when Gen. Arif (of CRI) reached in he shook his hands with every one. He seemed like a real gentleman well dressed and well presented (that’s what General is supposed to look like), but honestly speaking Gen. Arif looked very worried and concerned and perhaps tensed. Or at least so it looked to me. Meeting started with people telling about the progresses that have been made in each front. Honestly I felt like it was all too haphazard and every one was trying to do every thing. Strange thing was that there was no co-ordination in between the attendees and they dint seem to make a unit called "Team". The meeting kept going on and going on and on and on, and Mr. Abid joined us in a meanwhile. I forgot to mention that Farhan was waiting for me all day long, he expected to meet me in an after noon at around 3 PM, then at iftar and then he was waiting for me to come in night. He kept calling me every now and then and smses were exchanged and I kept telling him that I am "almost" done with and will be with him shortly. That wasn’t to be the case. At around midnight Gen. Farooq came in the meeting and God it felt great to have him around. He was wearing his commando uniform and what an aura he created around him. He was very casual with his expression, talking in a low, friendly but very clear voice. What he said clearly defined the direction in which all the efforts should be carried out. I really like being there and tried to understand every single word he was saying. It was around 1:15 AM when the meeting ended. And I called nomi that I am done with the meeting and will be seeing him shortly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Muhammad Saqib Ilyas said...

That's what I said about us being unprepared for disaster. The reason being obvious: What's the worst that can happen, casualties, who cares, a few less civilians.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home